Archive for May, 2010
“World Peace” by The Cro Mags
See more at Empire
The Tobruk is filled with details that make riding in them easier and the shoe, itself, tougher. Those features include:
· Low profile design to better fit into a toe cage
· 100% vulcanized construction
· Weatherproof 1,000 denier Cordura with back-padding
· Re-enforced nylon/glass fiber shank to support the midsole
· Board lasted sole to eliminate pedal hot spot
· Skid resistant contact rubber on the sole
· Polyurethane contoured crash pad insole
· Durable rubber heel cup with reflective safety hit
· Center gore slip-on design
Check our more photo and cop a pair here! Major shoutout to Jackie at Chrome for showing us some love!
It’s an incredible photo. For some reason, for the lack of a better expression, it captivates me?! The story behind it though is quite interesting. According to the Dallas Observer:
“The kid, according to Hine, has “just returned from a trip to these Houses.” What Hine’s referring to are the whorehouses in Frogtown — so named, wrote David Kirkpatrick, “because of the calls of frogs that came up the stream from the Trinity River.” The officially sanctioned red-light district would eventually come to be known by another name: the Reservation.”
That’s right! Officially sanctioned red-light district! Where at exactly you ask? 519 Griffin Street, near the Ross Avenue intersection. I’ll be sure to take a field trip down there and see what I can score. ha!
p.s. Check out Prolly’s post. It too is Throwback Thursday approved!
At the end of the day just think, a bike is a bike is a bike is a bike. The more we get out there up and rolling, the better. Remember people, E.L.E.
Monday Night Mash
FMD: Tits Tuesday
RBM: Ladie's Night at WRL
Dallas Bike Works:Beginner Ride
Critical Mass (Last Friday of every month)